Department of Experimental Hydrology and Modeling of Hydrological Processes
Main activities are:
- Studying interactions between surface water and groundwater, and assessing the underground supply of rivers under different environmental conditions, including permafrost areas.
- Developing and improving methods for calculating hydrometeorological characteristics of wetlands (marsh water levels, runoff, evaporation, moisture of peat deposit in the active layer, freezing and thawing swamps, temperature of peat deposit, radiation balance etc.).
- Carrying out experimental studies of river runoff formation.
- Performing deterministic and stochastic modelling of runoff characteristics, erosion and pollution.
- Developing a new generation of hydrological calculations and forecasting methods.